Studying a T Level in T Level Building Services Engineering for Construction (Electrotechnical Engineering) will prepare you for an exciting career within the construction industry.
Designed by employers, a T Level combines practical and theoretical learning experiences, with real-life industry experience. It also supports progression on to university, into employment or on to a higher/degree apprenticeship.
You’ll spend 80% of your time at College and 20% on a 45-day industry placement to experience having a real career while you continue your studies. It’ll also give you a head start in the jobs market and will look great on your CV or personal statement.
When will I start the course and how long will it take?
The course will start in September and will take two years to complete.
This course will take place at our IAMTech Campus, Princess Drive, Liverpool, L14 9ND.
What will I study?
During your T Level, you will cover the following modules across the two years, including a 45-day industry placement:
- Health and safety
- The science behind building design, surveying, and planning
- Making accurate and appropriate measurements
- Construction methods
- Building regulations and standards
- Data management and information standards in construction
- Relationship management and customer service
- How the internet of things (iot) impacts construction
- Digital engineering techniques
- Mathematical techniques to solve construction problems
- Construction design principles and processes
- The construction industry and its role in the economy
- Sustainability and the environmental impact of construction
- Business, commerce and corporate social responsibility
How is it assessed?
The course is assessed by an externally set written exam, an employer set task and an externally assessed synoptic assessment that covers the occupational specialism.
Do I need any previous qualifications to start this course?
You should have five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English language and maths.
What are the course fees?
If you are a school leaver, aged 16-18, (under the age of 19 on or before 31st August 2024), you do not pay tuition fees or examination and registration fees and may be eligible for additional support depending on your financial situation. For more information, please visit our dedicated Financial Support page.
What can I go on to do once I have completed this course?
Having achieved the equivalent to three A levels, you could progress on to university, a higher/degree apprenticeship or employment.
You could progress into a range of careers, including:
- Electrical Engineering Technician
- Engineering Maintenance Technician
- Building Services Engineer
- Engineering Construction Technician
Are you ready to apply?
However, if you still have questions in relation to this course and wish to receive further information, please submit your enquiry here.
Ref: Phil Walsh