Our Mission Statement
“Transforming lives through excellence in education and training”
Our Strategic Goals
The College’s Strategic Plan is founded on six key goals, which transforms the way we work with our students, staff, employers, and local communities:
- Outstanding Student Experience
Delivering an outstanding experience, placing students and apprentices at the heart of everything we do.
- Exceptional Curriculum
Developing an innovative and agile curriculum that meets the needs of our students and communities.
Achieving growth through strategic partnerships and relationships with key organisations and employers.
- Transformed Estate
Transforming the College’s estate to inspire outstanding teaching and learning.
- Employer of Choice
Attracting and retaining skilled staff through reputation, recognition, and a strong sense of community.
- Anchor Institution
Building upon our role as an anchor institution in Knowsley and St Helens and contributing to the leadership of education and skills ecosystems.
Our College Values
Developed in consultation with our teams, our values define who we are, how we engage with our students, stakeholders and each other and they guide us in the work that we do.
We are committed to raising aspirations and expectations, motivating each other to achieve our full potential.
We commit to being the very best in everything we do and encourage our teams, students, and stakeholders to do the same.
We work together as one team, valuing our different perspectives and consulting with colleagues to achieve our goals.
We actively search for novel ideas, leading technologies, and the most effective ways of working that benefit our students, teams and employers.
We treat people the way we would expect to be treated, championing difference and diversity and embracing and valuing everyone’s right to have an opinion.
We believe in each other, trusting our teams to work with autonomy and integrity.
We are kind and empathetic to everyone we encounter.
Our Public Value Statement
The College seeks to add value to the social, economic and physical wellbeing of the wider communities that we serve by:
- providing education and training in accordance with the College’s mission, strategic goals and values, meeting the needs of students, apprentices, employers and the wider communities in general.
- raising aspirations of students and the communities by promoting prospects and celebrating success.
- ensuring a broad curriculum offer with good progression routes from entry level to higher education and training.
- promoting healthy lifestyles and good citizenship skills to all students and colleagues.
- being responsive to changing needs and circumstances.
- actively listening to and engaging with College stakeholders, aiming to provide the best possible service within the College’s mission.
- being a respectful and responsible employer.
- always acting with corporate integrity.