Don’t let the cost of learning put you off studying.
As an adult student, there is lots of financial support available to help you return to study.
You could qualify for some financial support and we have lots of flexible payment options.
If you have to pay course fees, you may be able to pay in interest-free instalments, by debit or credit card, your employer may pay, or for some courses, there are loans available to help cover fees.
The type and level of financial support/funding available to you may depend on your individual circumstances, such as age, level of study and financial situation.
If you join us on a full or part-time course, we want to make sure that you can make the most out of your College experience and that everyone is able to study, regardless of their financial position. It is important that you speak to us to see what financial support may be available to you.
Free course entitlement
You may be eligible to get up to 100% of your course fees covered if you:
- are earning under £21,225 per year and live within the Liverpool City Region or Greater Manchester City Region, or under £18,525 per year and live outside City Regions
- are earning £35,000 or below, living within the Liverpool City Region or Greater Manchester City Region, aged over 24 without a first degree level qualification and wish to study up to level 2
- are earning more than £35,000 (any age), living within the Liverpool City Region or Greater Manchester City Region, with or without a first degree level qualification and wish to study up to level 2
- hold a degree level qualification, live within the Liverpool City Region or Greater Manchester City Region, regardless of earnings and wish to study up to level 2
- are studying for your first full level 1, 2 or 3 qualification and are aged 19 – 23 years old on the day that the course starts
- may be unemployed and in receipt of any of the following welfare benefits: Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance, Universal Credit, Employment Support Allowance, or another (specified and discretionary) state benefit and wish to study up to level 2.
Tap/click the documents below to view:
- Adults Money Matters Leaflet
- 19+ Discretionary Learner Support Fund Academic Year 2021/22
- 20+ Childcare Discretionary Learner Support Fund Academic Year 2021/22
Find out more
For more information on the financial support available to you, contact our Student Support team by calling 0800 99 66 99. Alternatively, you can drop into College, Monday to Thursday, 9.00am – 4.30pm or Friday, 9.00am – 4.00pm.
Our Student Finance Manager is always around at our Enrolment and Information Events and can help provide advice based on your specific circumstances.
If you are interested in an apprenticeship, your employer may have access to an apprenticeship levy fund. If you would like to know more about apprenticeships, get in touch with our Business Development Executives on 0800 99 66 99 / email@example.com.
Please note that terms, conditions and exclusions apply. This information is updated regularly, but we cannot guarantee that the detail will remain accurate as Government policy often dictates changes.