This pathway provides students with the opportunity to gain a broad range of skills within the creative media sector including digital photography, stop animation and creating visual research Moodboards. Classes combine both theory and hands on experiences and include independent working as well as team work, which reflects industry practices.
Students will follow a personalised programme of study to support their EHCP outcomes and their end goals.
The pathway intentions are for students to:
- Develop skills, knowledge and experience in the creative media sector
- Develop an understanding of the professional skills needed to succeed in the creative media industry
- Develop Communication skills
- Participate in projects and exhibitions
- Participate in community visits and external trips linked to creative media
Each student will have a personal tutor with specialist SEND knowledge who is responsible for all aspects of their study programme and will support them to make progress towards outcomes through an individualised approach.
The pathway will be offered over a maximum 2-year programme, dependent on starting points and previous qualifications and will follow a personalised programme of study to support their EHCP outcomes and their end goals.
Transition will be determined annually through the EHCP Annual Review process, reflecting the individual students progress made within the academic year, level achieved and college attendance. Progress routes could include further education or transition to a none-educational destination.