Passport to my Future is a full-time, one year course that will support young people to reach their full potential by building the confidence and skills necessary for success in life and the workplace.
Utilising the Skills Builder Universal Framework, the course helps young people become familiar with the world of work and provides a variety of practical experiences linked to career pathways.
When will I start the course and how long will it take?
This course starts in September and takes one year to complete.
What will I study?
During the course students will:
- Develop an understanding of the workplace including areas such as timekeeping, appearance, behaviours and developing communication skills.
- Take part in teamwork activities
- Undertake vocational tasters and work placements
- Get involved in community projects
- Develop formal maths and English skills – GCSE or Functional Skills
How is it assessed?
You will build a portfolio of work which shows what you have achieved throughout the course and you will also receive regular, informal reviews.
Do I need any previous qualifications to start this course?
You don’t need any qualifications to join Directions, just a desire to make a positive change in your life.
What can I go on to do once I have completed this course?
Once you have completed the course, you could move on to a traineeship, a full-time level 1 or 2 course with us, or into employment.
Any further information?
Ref: Lisa McDonough