With this course, you will explore all areas of the construction industry from electrical installation and joinery to painting, decorating and plumbing.
You will develop the hand skills to use a variety of tools and learn modern industry standards and practices to prepare you for work in in a construction trade.
When will I start the course and how long will it take?
The course will start in September and will take one year to complete.
This course will take place at our IAMTech Campus, Princess Drive, Liverpool, L14 9ND.
What will I study?
During this course, you will cover the following units:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Knowledge of construction technology
- Develop Personal Work Skills communicate and co-operate with others within the work area.
- Identify and use the required tools equipment and resources to carry out tasks and minimise waste
How is it assessed?
During this course, you’ll be assessed by a range of practical assessments and the development of course work.
Do I need any previous qualifications to start this course?
You should have GCSEs at grade 2 or above in English and maths. You will be supported to develop your English and maths skills alongside your course.
Achieving a good standard of English and maths is a key requirement for many jobs, as well as for courses you may wish to progress on to.
What are the course fees?
If you are a school leaver, aged 16-18, (under the age of 19 on or before 31st August 2024), you do not pay tuition fees or examination and registration fees and may be eligible for additional support depending on your financial situation. For more information, please visit our dedicated Financial Support page.
What can I go on to do once I have completed this course?
Once you have completed this course, you will have gained a stronger understanding of your interests and which area of construction you would like to launch your career in.
You could progress on to one of the following courses to enhance your skills and experience:
- Level 1 Diploma in Plumbing (Based at our Knowsley IAMTech Campus)
- Level 1 Diploma in Electrical Installation (Based at our Knowsley IAMTech Campus)
- Level 1 Diploma in Bricklaying (Based at our St Helens STEM Centre Campus)
- Level 1 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery (Based at our St Helens STEM Centre Campus)
- Level 1 Diploma in Painting and Decorating (Based at our St Helens STEM Centre Campus)
- Level 1 Diploma in Plastering (Based at our St Helens STEM Centre Campus)
- Level 1 Diploma in Wall and Floor Tiling (Based at our St Helens STEM Centre Campus)
Are you ready to apply?
However, if you still have questions in relation to this course and wish to receive further information, please submit your enquiry here.
Ref: Chris Lee