This course is suitable for students aged 19 and over.
This course covers a range of IT applications and is great for beginners, who just want to broaden their knowledge, or those who are looking to build upon existing skills to gain a practical qualification that is attractive to employers.
You will be fully supported and guided by friendly, helpful tutors.
When will I start the course and how long will it take?
This course has flexible start dates throughout the year.
The flexibility of the course allows you to learn at your own pace and is estimated to take up to 40 hours to complete.
What will I study?
Topics covered, include:
- Word Processing – Learn how to format and produce documents, including how to insert WordArt, columns and tables and manipulate images.
- Spreadsheets – Learn how to create spreadsheets, including how to sort/filter data, use advanced formula (including IF formula), insert charts/graphs and format worksheets using colours, borders and shading.
- Productivity – Learn how to improve your productivity using appropriate software, planning and organising work, utilising shortcuts and reviewing your strengths and weaknesses.
How is it assessed?
You will complete the course on an interactive, online learning platform, which means it is assessed through online assessments, with no formal exams.
Full tutor support will be provided throughout the course and you will be able to contact your tutor via telephone and email.
Do I need any previous qualifications to start this course?
No previous qualifications are necessary, although some experience of basic IT functions and using a computer would be an advantage. This course is suitable for anyone that is looking to progress on to an accredited course.
What are the course fees?
Our courses are FREE of charge, if you are aged 19+ and are claiming a relevant means tested benefit, or are working and earning under £18,525. For more information, please visit our dedicated Financial Support page.
What can I go on to do once I have completed this course?
This qualification is widely recognised by employers and could help you to secure a job or promotion. It also supports positions such as:
- Application Support Assistant
- Application Support Officer
- Data Entry Clerk
- Business Administrator
- Personal Assistant
This course provides fantastic progression on to the Level 2 ITQ Certificate in IT User Skills course, depending on your goals. Your tutor will discuss this with you at the end of your course.