This course is suitable for students aged 19 and over.
This course is designed to provide learners with the knowledge, skills and resilience to work safely and competently in a variety of job roles in the warehousing and storage industry.
The course covers the principles of key operations including safely moving, handling and packing goods, in line with health and safety procedures.
The qualification is ideal for those hoping to gain employment in a warehousing or storage role or can provide an excellent foundation for those already working in the logistics sector.
When will I start the course and how long will it take?
This course has flexible start dates throughout the year and will take up to up to 30 hours, over 5 days to complete in the classroom. However, flexible learning can be offered, and more information can be provided on enquiry or at enrolment.
This course will take place at our Kirkby Campus, Cherryfield Drive, Kirkby, L32 8SF. The course can also be delivered at a variety of our other campus locations.
What will I study?
Topics covered, include:
- Health and safety in the workplace
- Moving and handling goods
- Picking goods
- Wrapping and packing goods
- Maintaining hygiene standards in handling and storing good
- Effective working relationships with colleagues
How is it assessed?
Students will be assessed through completion of a workbook.
Do I need any previous qualifications to start this course?
No previous qualifications are necessary.
What are the course fees?
Our courses are FREE of charge if you are aged 19+ and meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- You claim a relevant means tested benefit
- You are earning under £31,600.40 per year and live within the Liverpool City Region or Greater Manchester City Region, or under £20,319 per year and live outside City Regions
- You are earning £35,000 or below, living within the Liverpool City Region or Greater Manchester City Region, aged over 24 without a first degree level qualification and wish to study up to level 2
This information is subject to change.
If the above does not apply to you, please visit our dedicated Financial Support page to check your eligibility for funding.
What can I go on to do once I have completed this course?
This course provides fantastic progression on to the distance learning Level 2 Warehousing and Storage course or another accredited course, depending on your goals. Alternatively, this course may help you progress into employment. Your tutor will discuss this with you at the end of your course.
I’m interested in this course, what do I do next?
Ref: Pam Berry