This course is suitable for students aged 19 and over.
This course is designed to provide learners with the knowledge, skills and resilience to work in a range of business administration environments and to deliver an efficient service.
The training covers key business administration functions in a practical way that are relevant to contemporary working environments.
When will I start the course and how long will it take?
This course has flexible start dates throughout the year and will take up to 30 hours to complete, over 5 days, in the classroom. However, flexible learning can be offered, and more information can be provided on enquiry or at enrolment.
This course will take place at our Kirkby Campus, Cherryfield Drive, Kirkby, L32 8SF. The course can also be delivered at a variety of our other campus locations.
What will I study?
Topics covered, include:
- Working in an office
- Dealing with problems in work
- Working as part of a group or team
- Managing time effectively
- Understanding business communication
- Interpersonal communication and telephone skills
- Microsoft Excel training (if requested)
- Equality and diversity
- Health and safety in the workplace
How is it assessed?
Students will be assessed through online assessments at the end of each unit and completion of a workbook.
Do I need any previous qualifications to start this course?
No previous qualifications are necessary.
What are the course fees?
Our courses are FREE of charge if you are aged 19+ and meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- You claim a relevant means tested benefit
- You are earning under £31,600.40 per year and live within the Liverpool City Region or Greater Manchester City Region, or under £20,319 per year and live outside City Regions
- You are earning £35,000 or below, living within the Liverpool City Region or Greater Manchester City Region, aged over 24 without a first degree level qualification and wish to study up to level 2
This information is subject to change.
If the above does not apply to you, please visit our dedicated Financial Support page to check your eligibility for funding.
What can I go on to do once I have completed this course?
You can progress on to employment or further accredited courses, depending on your goals. Your tutor will discuss this with you at the end of your course.
I’m interested in this course, what do I do next?
Ref: Pam Berry