This course is suitable for students aged 19 and over.
This course is designed to provide learners with the knowledge, skills and resilience to work in a range of customer facing environments and to deliver excellent customer service.
The customer service training is aligned to the most frequent method of communication used to connect with customers such as face to face, telephone and email.
When will I start the course and how long will it take?
This course has flexible start dates throughout the year and will take up to 30 hours to complete, over 5 days, in the classroom. However, flexible learning can be offered, and more information can be provided on enquiry or at enrolment.
This course will take place at our Kirkby Campus, Cherryfield Drive, Kirkby, L32 8SF. The course can also be delivered at a variety of our other campus locations.
What will I study?
Topics covered, include:
- Adopting a consistent, professional communication style when engaging with customers
- Listening, asking questions and summarising to respond fully to a customer request
- Identifying ways to add value to customer relationships to exceed expectations
- Turning customer service disappointment into a positive experience
- Interview techniques
- Equality and diversity
- Health and safety in the workplace
How is it assessed?
Students will be assessed through online assessments at the end of each unit and completion of a workbook.
Do I need any previous qualifications to start this course?
No previous qualifications are necessary.
What are the course fees?
Our courses are FREE of charge if you are aged 19+ and meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- You claim a relevant means tested benefit
- You are employed, live within the Liverpool or Greater Manchester City Regions and earn under £21,225 per year
- You are employed, live outside the Liverpool or Greater Manchester City Regions and earn under £18,525 per year
This information is subject to change.
If the above does not apply to you, please visit our dedicated Financial Support page to check your eligibility for funding.
What can I go on to do once I have completed this course?
You can progress on to employment or further accredited courses, depending on your goals. Your tutor will discuss this with you at the end of your course.
Sector-based Work Academy Programme (SWAP)
We offer this course as a Sector-based Work Academy Programme (SWAP), working in partnership with many local employers who currently have job opportunities available and guarantee learners an interview on completion of the course.
Contact us to find out more!
I’m interested in this course, what do I do next?
Please contact our WorkWorld Team on 0151 481 4752 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ref: Pam Berry