This course is suitable for students aged 19 and over.
This course will help you develop your knowledge and skills to improve your own employability, self-development and social awareness.
During this course, you will learn how to identify and deal with problems, consider what key qualities are required for employment and discover how to present information in a CV.
You will develop your job search skills, self-presentation and interview preparation, before working towards identifying and applying for job vacancies.
When will I start the course and how long will it take?
This course has flexible start dates throughout the year and will take up to 30 hours to complete, over 5 days, in the classroom. However, flexible learning can be offered, and more information can be provided on enquiry or at enrolment.
This course will take place at our Kirkby Campus, Cherryfield Drive, Kirkby, L32 8SF. The course can also be delivered at a variety of our other campus locations.
What will I study?
Lessons may include written and practical tasks as well as group discussions and direct delivery by the tutor.
Topics covered, include:
- How to complete a job application – online and paper-based
- How to be successful at interviews – face to face and video
- How to create a CV and adapt transferrable skills to job specification
- How to work successfully in an office or at home and working safely online
How is it assessed?
Students will be assessed through completion of a workbook.
Do I need any previous qualifications to start this course?
No previous qualifications are necessary.
What are the course fees?
Our courses are FREE of charge if you are aged 19+ and meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- You claim a relevant means tested benefit
- You are employed, live within the Liverpool or Greater Manchester City Regions and earn under £21,225 per year
- You are employed, live outside the Liverpool or Greater Manchester City Regions and earn under £18,525 per year
This information is subject to change.
If the above does not apply to you, please visit our dedicated Financial Support page to check your eligibility for funding.
What can I go on to do once I have completed this course?
You can progress on to employment or further accredited courses, depending on your goals. Your tutor will discuss this with you at the end of your course.
I’m interested in this course, what do I do next?
Please contact our WorkWorld Team on 0151 481 4752 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ref: Pam Berry