This course is suitable for students aged 19 and over.
This course aims to support adults to develop the essential digital skills for needed for daily life, work or for use in further study.
Using well-known software packages and equipment, the course will explore range of key areas that will help you develop the skills and knowledge to use computers and various smart devices more confidently.
When will I start the course and how long will it take?
This course has flexible start dates throughout the year and will take up to 45 hours to complete in the classroom. You will attend College for one half day per week over 15 weeks. However, flexible learning can be offered, and more information can be provided on enquiry or at enrolment.
This course will take place at our Kirkby Campus, Cherryfield Drive, Kirkby, L32 8SF. The course can also be delivered at a variety of our other campus locations.
What will I study?
Lessons may include written and practical tasks as well as group discussions and direct delivery by the tutor.
Topics covered, include:
- Using devices and handling information
- Creating and editing
- Transacting (buying online)
- Being safe and responsible online
How is it assessed?
Students will be assessed through an online assessment at the end of the course. You will be supported by your tutor to prepare for the assessment.
Do I need any previous qualifications to start this course?
No previous qualifications are necessary.
What are the course fees?
Our courses are FREE of charge if you are aged 19+ and meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- You claim a relevant means tested benefit
- You are earning under £31,600.40 per year and live within the Liverpool City Region or Greater Manchester City Region, or under £20,319 per year and live outside City Regions
- You are earning £35,000 or below, living within the Liverpool City Region or Greater Manchester City Region, aged over 24 without a first degree level qualification and wish to study up to level 2
This information is subject to change.
If the above does not apply to you, please visit our dedicated Financial Support page to check your eligibility for funding.
What can I go on to do once I have completed this course?
This course provides fantastic progression on to the Level 1 Certificate in Digital and IT Skills or another accredited course, depending on your goals. Your tutor will discuss this with you at the end of your course.
I’m interested in this course, what do I do next?
Ref: Pam Berry