This course is suitable for students aged 19 and over.
This course is designed to help learners develop their personal and social skills and set realistic and achievable future goals.
The course will enable individuals to recognise mental wellbeing, build their confidence and self-esteem and explore their own skills and abilities.
At the end of the course learners will gain an entry level three qualification, which will help prepare them for work or further study.
When will I start the course and how long will it take?
This course has flexible start dates throughout the year and will take up to 30 hours to complete, over 5 days, in the classroom. However, flexible learning can be offered and more information can be provided on enquiry or at enrolment.
This course will take place at our Kirkby Campus, Cherryfield Drive, Kirkby, L32 8SF. The course can also be delivered at a variety of our other campus locations.
What will I study?
Topics covered, include:
- Developing self
- Dealing with problems in daily life
- Healthy living
- Making the most of leisure time
- Working as part of a group
- Working towards goals
- Developing assertiveness
How is it assessed?
Students will be assessed through completion of a workbook and will be fully supported by their tutor.
Do I need any previous qualifications to start this course?
No previous qualifications are necessary.
What are the course fees?
Our courses are FREE of charge if you are aged 19+ and meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- You claim a relevant means tested benefit
- You are earning under £31,600.40 per year and live within the Liverpool City Region or Greater Manchester City Region, or under £20,319 per year and live outside City Regions
- You are earning £35,000 or below, living within the Liverpool City Region or Greater Manchester City Region, aged over 24 without a first degree level qualification and wish to study up to level 2
This information is subject to change.
If the above does not apply to you, please visit our dedicated Financial Support page to check your eligibility for funding.
What can I go on to do once I have completed this course?
This course provides fantastic progression on to employment or another accredited course, depending on your goals. Your tutor will discuss this with you at the end of your course.
I’m interested in this course, what do I do next?
Ref: Pam Berry