This course is suitable for students aged 19 and over.
This course aims to support adults to further develop the essential digital skills for needed for daily life, work or for use in further study.
Using well-known software packages and equipment, the course will explore range of key areas to help you develop the skills and knowledge to use computers and various smart devices confidently.
The course will provide you with an understanding of basic operating systems and applications, working on and managing various file types and online safety, as well as an overview of how to continue to maintain and improve your digital skills.
When will I start the course and how long will it take?
This course has flexible start dates throughout the year and will take up to 54 hours to complete in the classroom. You will attend College for one half day per week over 18 weeks. However, flexible learning can be offered, and more information can be provided on enquiry or at enrolment.
This course will take place at our Kirkby Campus, Cherryfield Drive, Kirkby, L32 8SF. The course can also be delivered at a variety of our other campus locations.
What will I study?
Lessons may include written and practical tasks as well as group discussions and direct delivery by the tutor.
Topics covered, include:
- Using devices and handling information
- Understanding operating systems and applications
- Creating, editing and formatting different file types
- Communicating for different contexts and audiences
- Using online transactional services and managing account settings
- Being safe online and protecting devices and personal data from online risks
How is it assessed?
Students will be assessed through an online assessment at the end of the course. You will be supported by your tutor to prepare for the assessment.
Do I need any previous qualifications to start this course?
No previous qualifications are necessary.
What are the course fees?
Our courses are FREE of charge if you are aged 19+ and meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- You claim a relevant means tested benefit
- You are employed, live within the Liverpool or Greater Manchester City Regions and earn under £21,225 per year
- You are employed, live outside the Liverpool or Greater Manchester City Regions and earn under £18,525 per year
This information is subject to change.
If the above does not apply to you, please visit our dedicated Financial Support page to check your eligibility for funding.
What can I go on to do once I have completed this course?
This course provides fantastic progression on to the Digital and IT Skills Certificate (Level 2) or another accredited course, depending on your goals. Alternatively, this course may help you progress into employment. Your tutor will discuss this with you at the end of your course.
I’m interested in this course, what do I do next?
Please contact our WorkWorld Team on 0151 481 4752 or email email@example.com.
Ref: Pam Berry